Welsh Cup match report

FAW Welsh Cup Round 7
Sat 1 May 2010 / Pary Y Scarlets, Llanelli
Bangor City
Port Talbot Town
Lee Hunt 6'
Jamie Reed 16'
Dave Morley 90'
Scorers 57' Drew Fahiya
85' Liam McCreesh
Morley breaks Steelmen's hearts
Bangor v Port TalbotDAVE Morley headed an injury-time goal to complete Bangor City’s Welsh Cup hat-trick at Parc y Scarlets.
Morley headed-in from close range a minute into stoppage time and left Port Talbot Town broken-hearted after fighting back from an early tw-goal deficit.
Lee Hunt put Bangor ahead on six minutes following an error by goalkeeper Lee Kendall, who rushed out to deal with a long ball forward by defender Peter Hoy and missed it completely as it skidded off the surface.
Jamie Reed added the second with a deft header inside Kendall's far post from a pinpoint Peter Hoy cross to put the Citizens in control on the quarter hour.
Martin Rose had the chance to pull a goal back, but his second tough let him down when he was through on Blues' keeper Paul Smith but Talbot got back in the game on 57 minutes when Drew Fahiya played a one-two with Rose before lashing the ball into the top of the net.
The Citizens had big appeals for a penalty turned down on 73 minutes when Reed slipped past Talbot captain Matthew Rees and went down as the big centre-half tried to stop his charge.
But only a good save from Smith prevented Rose from levelling before the keeper was beaten five minutes from time.
A Scott Barrow free-kick was chested down by Rose to Liam McCreesh who smashed his shot home from close in.
Barrow nearly won it at the end of the 90 minutes but his shot was deflected narrowly wide of the post and, when City were awarded a free-kick on the corner of the box after a foul on Hunt, substitute Sion Edwards curled his delivery to the far post for defender Morley to snatch the winner.
Photo: Hunt is buried under Bangor celebrations [Gareth Hughes].
Bangor City
Port Talbot Town
Paul Smith
Peter Hoy
Chris Roberts
Dave Morley
Jamie Brewerton
Craig Garside
Jamie Reed
Michael Johnston
Eddie Jebb
Mark Smyth
Lee Hunt
Lee Kendall
Leigh De-Vulgt
Scott Barrow
Gareth Phillips
Matthew Rees
Lee Surman
Drew Fahiya
Lloyd Grist
Martin Rose
Liam McCreesh
Daniel Thomas
Sion Edwards - Eddie Jebb 69'
Marc Limbert - Mark Smyth 80'
Les Davies - Jamie Reed 90'
Matty Hurdman
Clive Williams
63' Nicky Holland - Leigh De-Vulgt
66' Lee John - Drew Fahiya
66' Karl Lewis - Daniel Thomas
Matthew Thompson
Gary Bansor
Michael Johnston 32'
Mark Smyth 34'
Dave Morley 90'
39' Gareth Phillips
62' Leigh De-Vulgt
Referee Dean John
Attendance 1303