Welsh Cup match report

FAW Welsh Cup Round 6
Sun 11 Apr 2010 / Latham Park, Newtown
Bangor City
Prestatyn Town
Mark Smyth 11'
Craig Garside 43'
City book another final spot
Bangor v PrestatynHOLDERS Bangor City maintained their grip on the Welsh Cup with a 2-0 semi-final defeat of Prestatyn Town at Newtown's Latham Park, to book a third consecutive final appearance.
The Citizens dominated from start to finish against the Seasiders, who failed to sparkle on the biggest day in the club's history.
Two first-half goals from Mark Smyth and Craig Garside set-up a final meeting with Port Talbot early next month.
Eddie Jebb's right-wing cross eluded Lee Hunt but arrived at the feet of Smyth, who smashed an angled shot over keeper Jon Hill-Dunt into the far top corner of the net.
Dunt just managed to hold on to a Hunt header minutes later following a long throw from Peter Hoy, while Ian Griffiths spurned one of Prestatyn's few chances by screwing his shot wide of the post.
Steve Rogers skied another effort well over the crossbar, before Jebb and Dave Morley both rattled the crossbar at the other end.
Another Hoy missile led to the crucial second goal just before the break, as Hunt's back header found Garside who stooped to head past Dunt from close range.
City keeper Paul Smith was a virtual spectator in the second period as Bangor easily held their opponents at bay and Smyth saw his shot tipped over by Dunt, while Chris Roberts was wide with a 20-yarder.
But the game ended on a sour note for the victors when Dave Morley got himself unnecessarily sent-off by referee Ceri Richards in the last minute.
Photo: Bangor's Eddie Jebb is shadowed by Prestatyn's Andy Moran.
Bangor City
Prestatyn Town
Paul Smith
Peter Hoy
Chris Roberts
Dave Morley
Jamie Brewerton
Craig Garside
Jamie Reed
Michael Johnston
Lee Hunt
Eddie Jebb
Mark Smyth
John Dunt
Chris Davies
Jack Lewis
David Hayes
Paul O'Neill
Russ Jones
Ian Griffiths
Neil Gibson
Andy Moran
Steve Rogers
Ross Hannen
Les Davies - Jamie Reed 78'
Marc Limbert - Mark Smyth 85'
Sion Edwards
Ashley Stott
Matthew Hurdman
64' Jon Fisher-Cooke - Ian Griffiths
77' Steve Hoult - Ross Hannen
Dan Evans
Mike Parker
Simon Williams
Dave Morley 90'
Dave Morley 89'
Referee Ceri Richards
Attendance 715