And the Robins have offered the Bluebirds a 24-hour delay so that the game can be played on Saturday January 2.
"The board of Newtown Football Club have discussed the issue of the potential postponement of this Friday’s game due to possible snow problems on the pitch," said club secretary Owen Durbridge (pictured).
"It has been decided that we will offer Caersws the option to play on the Saturday as a contingency plan. As yet there has been no reply from Caersws.
"Maximum efforts have been put into protecting the ground prior to tonight’s snowfall with tarpaulins covering all the problem areas of the pitch to provide for easier removal of the snow.
"Underneath the covers, the pitch is in magnificent condition and will definitely be on if the snow can be removed," he added.